Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Raranga Matakiko - Exploring Scratch

This week Rooms 5 and 6  have been very fortunate to be apart of the Raranga Matahiko program with the Waitangi Treaty Grounds Education team. They came to school with all their flash devices for us to use and taught us how to use Scratch for coding. We were given specific instructions that had to be part of our code, took photos of ourselves to add as a Sprite, taught how to create a backgrounds in Paint 3D and upload that into Scratch to use, and finally how to add sound bites too. We worked in partners and were allowed to be as creative as we wanted.
Thank you heaps to Whaea Kerry and Whaea Monika for your patience and support with this. We are very much looking forward to our trip to Waitangi later in the term to create our real projects.
Here are some of our creations, we hope you enjoy. Check out our individual blogs to see the rest of our projects :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Ashlyn. I really like your animation. I like how you put the speech bubbles in it to tell what they are saying. It is awesome. You could change the background on your animation. I also made animations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Max and I loved your scratch video and I like scratch as well Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora my name is Elise, I go to Ohaeawai School. I like how you put the speech bubbles in to show what the characters were saying but maybe you could try and work on making the speech bubble font a bit bigger so we can see what you are trying to say.

    ReplyDelete