Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Typing Practice

Last week I introduced the typing programme  https://www.typingclub.com/ to Room 5 to help them practice touch typing. The engagement in this task is phenomenal! They all worked hard to master the levels and challenged each other. One student got 100% and 76 words per minute! Outstanding!
I have put the challenge to my class that the top 3 typists at the end of the year will receive a lunch shout. They are pretty eager to win and are practising at any chance they get. Our teacher aides are also getting involved and pretty competitive haha.
The goal is to be able to type quickly, without much thought, so that ideas can flow onto the page more easily. I look forward to seeing how fast they get!








3 comments:

  1. What a great skill to learn - useful for the rest of your life. I am going to check typing club out and give it a go. I wonder if I can beat 76 words per minute with 100% accuracy?! Kia kaha koutou katoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply. We look forward to hearing how you go with it.

      Delete
  2. wait whos wilma dicfit

    ReplyDelete