Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2020

This is Just to Say... Parody poems to William Carlos'

Last week we started our Get NZ Writing project from School Kit where we create poems, explore language and eventually end up creating a class poem as well as individual ones to send to another class in NZ. Our first task was to create some parody poems based on William Carlos' poem, 'This is Just to Say'. We had to talk about a time that we did something naughty. We then published them mostly on Canva.com, but some used Google Slides or Drawings too. Here are some of Room 5's examples. Check out our individual blogs to see some more :)

                                 





4 comments:

  1. My name is Robert and I am a student of Te Ngahere. I like your post because it reminds me of boxing. I like your post also because it has photos. I'd love to see some more posts like this. Do you have any favourite sports?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robert, thank you for your comment, we worked really hard on these poems and making sure we published them appropriately. We love sports in our class. Many play rugby and netball. At lunch they play touch and handball. We love learning new games in PE.

      Delete
  2. Man, you just gotta love these huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mase, we certainly love these. Very honest poems... it surprised me how many naughty things my students had done haha.

      Delete